On Monday, Ecotality announced that it had completed the installation of its 1,000th Blink Level 2 residential charging station, marking a significant milestone in the deployment of plug-in vehicle chargers in the U.S. Installations of Blink residential charging stations began in early 2011, coinciding with the delivery of vehicles like the Nissan Leaf and the Chevrolet Volt.
The Ev Project
Ecotality has quickly strung together one of the largest electric vehicle initiatives in the U.S. With the addition of Texas back in July and expanding to include the San Francisco Bay Area earlier this month, Ecotality's EV Project now reaches 17 cities and major metropolitan areas in six states and the District of Columbia.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies