A new law is going on the books in Texas that will simultaneously eliminate the state's lower nighttime speed limits and raise the potential maximum speed limit to 85 mph. The 85 mph limit will be limited to rural areas, while most places will see a max of 75.
They say everything is bigger in Texas, and now it seems everything might be faster too. The House of Representatives in Texas has approved a new transportation bill, and it includes legislation that would allow the Texas Department of Transportation to raise speed limits to 85 miles per hour. The state's Senate is presently considering a similar measure.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX