In January, Tesla CEO Elon Musk visited Tesla's French HQ in Chambourcy. During the event, Musk brought up the idea of building a Tesla factory somewhere in Europe, and that the French Alsace region would be a good option in terms of geography.
When NUMMI closed its doors, 4,700 employees were left stranded without a job. Then, Toyota and Tesla stunned the auto industry with the announced partnership that would bring vehicle assembly back to NUMMI, this time for an electric vehicle project that will benefit both companies. So the natural question, one that's been asked several times already is: what's to become of those former NUMMI employees?
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX