Volkswagen's ambitious plan to launch a ten-speed, dual-clutch transmission has been shelved due to the expense and complexity, an unnamed source reports.
Ten Speed Dsg
The Vienna Motor Symposium is where automakers and suppliers gather annually to discuss topics like new engines and powertrains, fuels, emissions and coming legislation. During last year's gathering Volkswagen Group CEO Martin Winterkorn said his in-house engineers were working on a ten-speed DSG transmission. This year in Vienna the topic was picked up again by brand development head Hans-Jakob Neusser, who divulged a few details on the new shifter but not when we would see it.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX