Soon after eliminating tariffs on the import of and electric vehicles and many hybrids, Iran has reportedly imported its first electric car to the country. According to Homayoun Haeri, managing director of Iran Power Generation Transmission & Distribution Management Company, the unspecified model came from Paris to Tehran via 17 countries.
Iran's most important car manufacturer, Iran Khodro, has announced they are developing the world's most powerful natural gas engine. The engine is installed in the marque's latest model, the Samand Soren (a car which can trace its roots to the Peugeot 405). Although this claim should be checked against the VW Passat TSI EcoFuel, Iran Khodro claims that the Samand Soren ELX produces 150hp and that the engine is Euro IV compliant. No other specifications were announced. Natural gas is a solution t
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX