The word out of Mumbai this morning is that Tata will be going for "an outright purchase" of Jaguar and Land Rover when the ink dries on its buyout of the two automakers from Ford. It was originally assumed that Ford would still maintain a minority stake in both luxury marques, as it did with the sale of Aston Martin to Prodrive last year, but the Blue Oval boys have determined that the Tata is well equipped to take over both brands entirely. However, we're unsure if Tata has the infrastructure
Britain's Birmingham Post newspaper has gone out on a limb and reported that Tata Motors will be named the winning bid for Jaguar and Land Rover as soon as tomorrow – Friday, December 21st. Neither the seller, Ford, nor the buyer, Tata, have confirmed that an announcement will be made tomorrow, and in fact Ford has repeatedly said that a buyer will not be named until early next year. The British paper reiterates the same estimate we've heard before, that Tata will be doling out around &pou
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!