A change in Iranian trade law could help promote the sale of hybrid and electric vehicles. EVs and hybrids with engines 2.5-liters or smaller are no longer subject to import tariffs, reports the Tehran Times. Iran intends to completely eliminate car import tariffs within two years, according to Iranian Member of Parliament Ali Alilou, who has also urged the government to stop pumping money into the auto industry.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX