This fast-charging bus maker got some fast money, as Proterra has raised $23 million in a recent round of equity financing. Proterra, which says it makes the world's first battery electric bus built especially for fast chargers, has tripled orders of its EcoRide model within the past year. For the record, other companies are working on fast-charging electric buses.
A Tallahassee family is so excited about driving on electricity that they have hit the road in their plug-in Prius for a planned 2,000-mile road trip to share their enthusiasm and inform their fellow Floridians about the benefits of hybrids and electric cars. The Electric Vehicle Initiative, as they're calling it, kicked off at last weekend's Battery Beach Burnout in Jupiter and is scheduled to roll along until the end of March, stopping in every major city in the Sunshine State as well as many
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX