The battery makers vying for dollars from the Department of Energy's (DOE) Electric Drive Vehicle Battery & Component Manufacturing Initiative just got a little more competition. Boston Power has announced plans to build an advanced lithium ion battery plant in Massachusetts and is seeking $100 million in help from the program. The planned 455,000 sq ft site would increase the company's workforce by 600 and create as many as 2,000 indirect positions in the supply chain. The company expanded
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies