Caterham has released a teaser to follow in the over-powered, stripped-down footsteps of its predecessor, the R400. The Superlight R500 is rumored to be powered by a 2.0- or 2.3-liter Ford four-pot, hits 60 in under 3.4 seconds and tops out at around 150 mph. With a curb weight less than 500 kg (1,100 pounds) and body panels, dashboard and seats made up of carbon fiber, the R500 is expected to crest the 500 hp/per ton mark with ease. Sales will begin later this year with pricing expected to be a
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies