Numbers like maximum horsepower, torque and tow ratings are the heart and soul of the full-size heavy duty pickup truck segment. No shocker there. But how much reliance can consumers actually put on figures provided by the manufacturer? And, keeping in mind that the average test drive doesn't include hooking up a ten-ton trailer, how might we all get a proper frame of reference when judging one massive diesel beast with another?
Super Duty Diesel
The Ford F-Series Super Duty just came in for a refresh last year, but the full-size heavy duty truck segment is so competitive that work never really stops in the pickup studio. The brawny Blue Oval workhorse will get rhinoplasty for 2011, and like the current models, its new styling takes inspiration from a concept vehicle.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX