While batteries make most of the headlines when it comes to the energy storage requirements of electric cars, the capacitor could be an exciting and viable alternative. Unlike batteries, which store chemical energy and make it available for use as electrical energy, capacitors store energy in the electric field between a pair of conductors. Supercapacitors, or ultracapacitors, are currently being developed which could rival batteries in the amount of energy that they can store. Whether capacitor
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX