There are some who get paid to soar above us mere mortals, professional jumpers. Basketball stars like Kobe Bryant, martial arts movie stars like Jackie Chan, even NFL players like Calvin Johnson who have made reputations with their vertical leap. Then there are crazy people, like "Al the jumper."
A little over a year ago a stunt driver named Chris Morena took a Dodge pickup off a dealer lot, installed a roll cage, racing seat and metal bracing for the bed, then used it to jump over a slew of cars and through two fireballs. He was only trying to go 134 feet. Instead, he went 193 feet and set a jumping distance record in a pickup.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX