What do you get for the car owner that has everything? Well, if it's the owner of a Tesla Model S electric vehicle, you can either get him or her a $500 cup-holder insert that sets atop the car's center console or, better yet, score him or her a 3D printer that can print one out.
The Urbee concept vehicle has an interesting story to go with its sci-fi looks. See, the body was not built in the classic sense, but rather it was printed. Three dimensional printing has seen significant growth in certain markets, like with design and engineering firms looking for rapid prototyping. However, even very expensive 3D printers are limited to printing small objects that can fit in, at most, a few cubic feet. Stratasys, a 3D printing company, teamed up with engineering group Kor Ecol
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX