In another sign of its success, Ford has announced that it will be paying out a quarterly dividend, the first time it will do so in over five years. The five-cents-a-share dividend will begin on March 1, 2012.
There are two main categories of General Motors stock; common and preferred. The preferred stock costs more, but that added price tag comes with a few extra perks. For example, preferred stock represents ownership in the company, and those shares receive priority over common stock in the event of a liquidation. GM's pricier stock also appears to have another perk – quarterly dividends.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX