To mark yesterday's unveiling of the electric 2013 Chevrolet Spark, GM released a new graphic showing the dashboard and an outline of the car. The computer-generated image of the Spark's dash displays the electric city car achieving a shocking 18 miles per kilowatt-hour. That's mighty impressive considering that most plug-ins return around four miles per kWh.
Looks like there was a good reason General Motors dropped the "More car than electric" tagline for the Chevy Volt. That anti-EV phrase was always short-sighted, and the reason why could be on display later this morning in Detroit. Reports out now say that GM will announce a new U.S.-bound electric car today as part of Chevrolet's upcoming centennial celebration. The car is likely to be the long-awaited Spark EV.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX