Rashad Charjuan Owens, the driver who crashed through police barricades and into a crowd of people celebrating the SXSW festivities in Austin, Texas, killing two people and injuring dozens more, has been charged with capital murder and may get the death penalty. Owens may also face multiple counts of aggravated assault by vehicle after hitting pedestrians, a woman on a moped, a man on a bicycle, a taxi and a van.
South By Southwest
- Brandon Turkus
- Mar 13, 2014
Two people are dead and 23 injured after a suspected drunk driver, attempting to evade police, barreled through a barricade and into a crowd at Austin's South by Southwest festival. The incident happened around 12:30AM last night on Red River Street, just a few blocks from the Texas Capitol building.
- VW Atlas ticks all the boxes, but I just can't care
- 2018 Rolls-Royce Phantom revealed
- New Car Buying Guides
- Bollinger Motors' B1 electric sport utility truck
- 2018 Honda Accord is sleeker, more efficient
- Find and compare 2017 Models