Rashad Charjuan Owens, the driver who crashed through police barricades and into a crowd of people celebrating the SXSW festivities in Austin, Texas, killing two people and injuring dozens more, has been charged with capital murder and may get the death penalty. Owens may also face multiple counts of aggravated assault by vehicle after hitting pedestrians, a woman on a moped, a man on a bicycle, a taxi and a van.
South By Southwest
Two people are dead and 23 injured after a suspected drunk driver, attempting to evade police, barreled through a barricade and into a crowd at Austin's South by Southwest festival. The incident happened around 12:30AM last night on Red River Street, just a few blocks from the Texas Capitol building.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX