Back in December of 2010, the U.S. Senate, followed shortly thereafter by the House of Representatives, voted to approve the Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Act of 2010. This required hybrids and plug-in vehicles to emit an audible warning. With noise-adding systems mandatory in the U.S., numerous automotive suppliers, including Delphi, have swung into action by developing so-called "sounders" for hybrid and electric vehicles.
1 / 1
1 / 1
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX