Hire Electric's solar charging station in Richland, WA
Solar Car Charger
A new solar carport has just been launched in the UK from a company called Romag Holdings, a firm that produces "specialist transparent composites" including laminated photovoltaic panels. Called PowerParks, these carports would act as a shelter and charging point for electric vehicles. Each unit has a peak output of 150 kilowatts. When there's nothing plugged in to the PowerPark, the solar power is fed back into the grid, so the energy collected is never wasted.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies