It used to be that all it took to steal a car was a slim jim and a deft hand. But as the recent hacks of models like the Toyota Prius and Tesla Model S shows, these days it takes some real technical know-how. Automakers appear to actually be taking this threat seriously, which means they'll be keenly interested in the news that hacker Silvio Cesare in Australia has his own high-tech approach to breaking into a vehicle that is even possible remotely.
Software Defined Radio
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX