An Ariel Atom and a snowmobile line up side-by-side with a long, straight strip of roadway ahead. In an elemental move that would seemingly bend the contest's favor in the direction of the snowmobile, these machines are racing on a strip of ice.
Red Bull has a rather unique way of ringing in the new year. Back in 2007, motorcycle freestyle daredevil Robbie Maddison jumped 322 feet over a football field in Las Vegas, setting a world record for the longest motorcycle jump. A year later, the Australian stuntman jumped 96 feet into the air, landing safely atop the Arc De Triomphe at Paris Las Vegas... and then he let gravity take over as he jumped his motorcycle back down.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX