During the blur of the Detroit Auto Show this week, we checked in with fresh Smart USA president Jill Lajdziak to see what the boss has to say about her new job, sales of the fortwo in the U.S. and what's up with the all-electric Smart Ed. Lajdziak only recently joined up with Penske Automotive and Smart after spending time as general manager at Saturn. She was named to the top post just last week.
While the SMART is getting a lot of coverage in the U.S. these days because of the recent announcement that the little beauties will soon be available here (well, in a few years), some really cool news is going on on the other side of the globe, where SMART Australia recently introduced Carbon Zero, a plan that, as they put it, does nothing to the environment.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies