Ignition locks that incorporate an alcohol detector are being developed around the world, to combat drunk driving. Honda and Hitachi have fitted the breathalyzer inside an automobile smart key to make testing more convenient.
Last year, Volkswagen China began its People's Car Project, which gathered crowdsourced concepts for future VWs. Among the three concepts chosen from the submissions – the Music Car, a Beetle wrapped in LEDs that change colors to match the driver's choice of music; the Smart Key that can track the status of your car; and a a zero-emissions, two-seat Hover Car – it was the latter that earned a four-minute video showcasing its imagined technology.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX