A skidpad is a simple circle with a 300-foot radius drawn on a flat piece of pavement that is used to judge the lateral g-forces a vehicle can generate whilst completing circumnavigations. Super sporty cars, like the Porsche 911, can hit 1.0 g. The Nissan Leaf, an all-electric hatchback made for efficient commuting, achieves less than that: a modest .79 g.
1 / 1
1 / 1
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX