A skidpad is a simple circle with a 300-foot radius drawn on a flat piece of pavement that is used to judge the lateral g-forces a vehicle can generate whilst completing circumnavigations. Super sporty cars, like the Porsche 911, can hit 1.0 g. The Nissan Leaf, an all-electric hatchback made for efficient commuting, achieves less than that: a modest .79 g.
- Domenick Yoney
- Jun 22, 2012
- Eric Bryant
- Jun 22, 2006
As part of Ford Motor Company's Way Forward plan, the automaker has transformed its Dearborn Proving Grounds facility into the new Dearborn Development Center - a $43M renovation that allows for thorough physical testing of a vehicle's performance and durability.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models