Six Speed Automatic
More gears often equals more efficiency, so we're glad to see Hyundai release its own 6-speed automatic gearbox. Most manufacturers purchase ready-made auto boxes from specialist companies, but Hyundai's gone the route less traveled. The company joins Toyota, Ford and General Motors as the only manufacturers that actually designed and built their own six-speeders. Compared to the outgoing 5-speed box, the new unit is 26 pounds lighter and uses 62 fewer parts, despite adding that extra ratio up t
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies