A man in Mesa, AZ who was illegally siphoning gasoline from a truck caught on fire and crashed his own truck into a house, according to WHAS11.com.
Fuel theft is becoming a multi-million dollar business in the UK, according to BBC News. With gasoline and diesel prices topping £6 per imperial gallon ($8.03 per U.S. gallon at the current exchange rate) parked vehicles have been targeted by thieves who siphon the fuel and sell it for profit. Many drivers do not report the thefts because they believe that local police downplay the seriousness of the crime. Authorities, however, deny this claim.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX