The image above might look like a fairly interesting painting of some old Mercedes-Benz grand prix cars getting, but in reality, it showcases far more than just paint on canvas. To celebrate this year's 80th anniversary of its Silver Arrows racecars, Mercedes commissioned some very talented digital artists to craft a series of 12 depictions of important moments in the company's racing history to display at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
For the first time since 1973, a Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow has gone up for auction. Just five of these historic machines were ever built, and only three are known to exist today. So, it's rare. But it's also fast. In 1933, when the Silver Arrow went on the market, its top speed of 115 miles per hour was extremely impressive.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX