The Silicon Valley Leadership Group has organized "Plug-in Push" which includes putting 100 plug-in hybrids into the hands of Silicon Valley executives. Cal Cars now estimates there are 70 plug-ins in North America, so this will more than double the number of PHEVs on the road. The Silicon Valley Leadership Group plans to have the cars delivered by early next year.
Silicon Valley Leadership Group
If the U.S. government's tax rewards are not great enough for your employees to consider purchasing a hybrid, perhaps an additional $5,000 would do the trick. This is the thought that went through Godfrey Sullivan's head. Sullivan, president and CEO of Hyperion is offering the cash reward as a way to help the environment and boost employee morale.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies