Shifter karts at Laguna Seca – Click above to watch video after the jump
What is it with slapping jet engines on all forms of four-wheeled machina? The latest is this one-of-a-kind shifter kit with a jet engine built by "Turbo" Tim Arfons, according to Winding Road, who is the son of Bonneville Salt Flats legend Art Arfons. The kart features a JFS100 turbine that was commandeered from its previous life as a starter for the main engine of an A-7 Corsair fighter plane. The jet engine can spin to a lofty 72,000 rpm and run on either jet fuel, diesel or kerosene –
- Spy shots that automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!