Even when brand new, the Chevrolet SSR wasn't the most beloved car on the market. Its attempt to mix a pickup, convertible sports car and retro styling caused to be a love-it-or-hate-it design. With most people falling deeply into the latter camp, production only lasted from 2003 to 2006.
As the presenting sponsor of Discovery Channel's Shark Week for the second year in a row, Volkswagen is upping its game when it comes to helping to provide coverage of the man-eating fish. For us car nuts, VW is following up last year's Beetle Shark Cage by removing the top of its marketing masterpiece to create what is surely the least cagey shark cage ever made.
We recently told you about the Volkswagen Beetle shark cage constructed as a tie-in with Discovery Channel's Shark Week, now you can see it in action. Well, briefly – the video below spends a lot more time talking about it than actually showing it in action, but you'll just have to tune into Shark Week (next week) for that.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!