We live in a fantastic time for lightweight sports cars. If your pockets are deep enough, cheaper carbon fiber and more extensive use of aluminum has allowed for less weight and improved handling for performance cars. Vehicles like BAC Mono take this featherweight mantra to the extreme.
Sector111 has announced it will unveil the first US-built BAC Mono at the upcoming Cars and Coffee in Irvine, California. The car was built from a knock-down kit, and Sectior111 says the company's allocation of 2012 Mono units has completely sold out. It's currently taking orders for 2013 models. As you may recall, the single-seat, street-legal racer tips the scales at a mere 1,190 pounds, and gets around your favorite track thanks to thrust from a 280-horsepower 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine w
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX