With the $966,560 sale ($863,000 plus a 12-percent buyer's premium) of the white 1977 Lotus Esprit S1 submarine used in the 1977 James Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me, we now know "the Roger Moore discount."
The next installment in the Bond franchise, Skyfall, is on the way in six weeks. The Aston Martin DB5 is back and the Honda motorcycles used in the film are already in the British Motor Museum tucked in with the 50 Years of Bond exhibit. And now this: UK satellite channel Sky is launching a Sky Movies 007 channel in high-def next month, where you can find all the Bond movies in one place. Even George Lazenby gets to shine again in high-pixel-count glory.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX