New car designs are playing a prominent role in reducing traffic deaths, but the odds of getting killed in a car accident still dramatically vary depending on the make and model of your car.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is releasing its annual list tallying of the scores for the latest model year vehicles to see how they compare to last year. Judging by the agency's evaluations, the numbers look quite positive. Seventy-one vehicles earned either the Top Safety Pick or Top Safety Pick+ rating so far in its evaluations, compared to 39 at this point last year. Among the latest winners, there have been 33 TSP+ awards and 38 TSP medalists.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies