Crowdfunding has not been kind to electric vehicle projects. The Derringer electric bike, while cool, didn't make it. The ultra-fast battery charger idea raised just $2,666 out of a $50,000 goal. And there are many more failed examples. (That Kickstarter project for that EV coloring book, on the other hand, did reach its modest goal.)
Step aside Steven Spielberg, here's a real-life animal-versus-car that did not require CGI nor a multi-million dollar production budget. As some vacationers on safari in South Africa recently learned, an upset 13-foot tall giraffe can be just as terrifying as the Tyrannosaurus Rex that chased down Jeff Goldblum and a Jeep Wrangler in the 1993 blockbuster film Jurassic Park.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX