Last month, we found out that Polestar and Volvo were hard at work on a special tune of the S60 that would give the Swedish sedan an attitude for "the performance minded driver" and a right to say to the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG and BMW M3, "Yes, I'm looking at you." Speculation had been that the S60 Polestar Performance concept could fit the V8 from the XC90, but more frenetic minds prevailed, bolting a Garret turbocharger onto the T6 currently available in the S60 and raising it to 508 horsepower
S60 Performance Project
Volvo is giving S60 buyers – courtesy of Polestar – a chance to juice up their S60s without going all the way to the R-Design model. Polestar is the tuner responsible for Volvo's STCC program and the firm has engineered an ECU reflash that boosts the S60's power numbers from 300 horsepower and 335 pound-feet of torque to 325 hp and 354 lb-ft.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX