News doesn't travel fast in Poland. In fact, very few things travel all that fast in Poland. Sure, the emergence of Robert Kubica on the Formula One scene has shown well for the Eastern European country, but when he tried his hand at rallying, well... he almost lost it. (His hand, we mean.) So you can imagine our surprise when we caught wind of a Volkswagen Polo rally car being developed in Poland.
To the outsider, it would be all too easy to forget that the FIA World Rally Championship has more than one class. Just like Le Mans endurance racing has various LMP and GT racing categories, and NASCAR has the Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series, so too does the WRC have more than one tier. So while the Sebastien Loeb and the Citroën World Rally Team were locking up their seventh title in the top tier of the championship, Skoda took its first title in the Super 200
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX