If you question why the Army National Guard has been spending your tax money on a NASCAR team, apparently you're not alone. Minnesota Representative Betty McCollum (D) is wondering aloud why the U.S. Armed Forces has spent nearly $20 million over the past couple of years sponsoring the Stewart-Haas Racing team. That relationship is reportedly coming to an end now, however, as the Army has declined to renew sponsorship for next season.
Minnesota Congresswoman Betty McCollum is a Democrat looking at areas where the budget can be cut. Her current target is military spending. More specifically, she is focused on banning the military from spending money advertising in NASCAR. She introduced a measure to this effect, and it was shot down by a vote of 241-148.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX