Has the Mini Rocketman concept really burned up like a fuse up there alone? Don't count it as grounded just yet, because while the last we heard BMW had canned the idea of producing the miniest of neo-Minis, it has given the original concept car a new lease on life.
The Mini Rocketman (we'll spare you the Elton John lyrics) was one of our favorite concepts from the 2011 Geneva Motor Show. Sure, the name is silly, but this pint-sized concept showed what could be in store for an even more mini Mini. A smarter Smart, if you will. However, a new report from CAR states that the entry-level Mini project has allegedly been canned. The Rocketman as we know it has been grounded.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX