Back in March at the Geneva Motor Show Kia, displayed a hybrid version of their small Rio sedan. They are building about 4,000 of these for a field test fleet for the South Korean Government and a full production run is expected to be available for 2009. Initially the Rio Hybrid will have an 88hp 1.4L engine with a 16hp electric motor with a 1.6L /20hp electric option available as well.
Kia comes to Geneva with three new vehicles in tow. The cee'd will be available for the first time in final production-ready form and Kia also has "a striking new concept car, which will indicate the options open to its European design and manufacturing bases." We'd like to know more, but we'll have to wait a while for all that.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies