Senators Richard Blumenthal and Amy Klobuchar are requesting that the Department of Justice pursue civil and criminal charges against VW for its emissions evasions. They don't want the agency to accept any kind of plea deal from the automaker.
A group of more than 500 body shops in 36 states have filed a lawsuit against the nation's top insurers over a practice called "steering", which is when insurers use various tactics to lead a policyholder to one of the company's preferred repair shops after an accident. The insurance industry says it doesn't happen, a CNN investigation and at least two attorneys general say otherwise.
US Senator Richard Blumenthal, a Democrat from Connecticut, is echoing the call of safety advocates in requesting that the Justice Department create a compensation fund for those killed or injured behind the wheel of General Motors vehicles with faulty ignition switches.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX