The federal government mandates that a certain amount of ethanol be blended with gasoline. The price of corn-based ethanol hasn't been affected by the same anchor-drop in price as petroleum fuel, however, and along with that, the complicated mechanics of its pricing and trade are said to be what is keeping the price of gas from falling even further.
Renewable Identification Number
- Jon LeSage
- Feb 25, 2013
Rodney Hailey, who was in the news last summer for selling more than $9 million in Renewable Identification Numbers (RIN) credits for biofuel that, well, didn't exist, has been sentenced to nearly 12 years and six months in prison, followed by three years of supervised release.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models