Melanie Minnie, a teacher at a South African nursery school, was fined by police for cramming 19 kids into her Renault Clio, a small hatchback roughly the size of a Ford Fiesta.
The Association of Scottish Motoring Writers thinks small cars are worth something. As proof, take their 2006 Scottish Car of the Year Awards, where they have a Small Car of the Year category. The winner, announced yesterday, is a small car with a big name: Fiat's Grande Punto. The Renault Clio and the Peugeot 207 were in the running, but were beat out by the Grande Punto because of the way it personifies the change the small car sector has undergone in the past few years. It does so with style
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX