The vehicle may be a little funny looking (at least to some of us), but Renault is seriously celebrating both the sales and accolades of its all-electric Kangoo Z.E. utility van. The French automaker says the Kangoo retained the title of "Electric Vehicle of the Year" in the annual GreenFleet Awards, beating out the "commended" vehicles, the Vauxhall Ampera and the Nissan Leaf. The awards were recently presented ceremoniously by Fifth Gear's Jonny Smith at UK's Emirates Stadium. No word on wheth
Renault Kangoo Z.e.
We drove 'em both at the 2011 Michelin Challenge Bibendum in Berlin, Germany earlier this year, and now it's the rest of the world's turn to strap in behind the wheels of the Renault Fluence Z.E. and Kangoo Z.E. electric vehicles in one of the largest and longest media events for a plug-in vehicle we've ever heard of.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX