Last Friday, auto parts maker Remy International Inc. filed with U.S. regulators for an initial public offering valued at up to $100 million. The Indiana-based company is perhaps best known for its electric motors that provide propulsion for vehicles such as the Aperta 2e and AMP's converted Saturn Skys, Pontiac Solstices and Chevrolet Equinoxes. Additionally, Remy teamed up with motorcycle maker MotoCzysz to develop an integrated electric drive system, known as the D1g1tal Dr1ve, which is slate
Daimler is now building its own version of the two-mode hybrid transmissions that were co-developed with General Motors and BMW. The Daimler-built transmissions are used in the Mercedes-Benz ML450 and BMW X6 hybrids. Inside of each of those transmissions are two electric motor/generators which are produced by former GM parts division Remy International.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX