It's been a while since Ford produced vehicles with wood as a primary building material, or even as a dashboard accent. So you wouldn't really think of Ford as being a big consumer of virgin timber. But what about millions, literally millions of owners manuals, warranty booklets, sales brochures and even internal corporate-printed pieces? It all adds up to a virtual forest. So, Ford has announced plans to cut down on its tree-cutting.
It's never too early to begin teaching kids the merits of an eco-friendly lifestyle. This point was driven home by members of Cub Scouts packs 294 and 261, who were recently tasked with the responsibility of creating full-size derby carts completely from recycled materials. Says Patrick Martin, leader of Cub Scout Pack 261:
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies