Autoblog joined Hyundai to check out the Neste Oil Rally Finland, where thousands of kilometers of lightly traveled, rolling gravel roads have turned out decades of astonishing racing and cold-blooded drivers. Even though the World Rally Championship is well tamed from its feral Group B days, Rally Finland is still the drivers' favorite, with the fastest speeds and the biggest jumps.
The Formula One team formerly known as Renault and currently racing under the Lotus banner is still feeling the absence of its star driver Robert Kubica. The Polish driver, as you may recall, was severely injured when he crashed his Skoda Fabia S2000 in a rally in Italy two years ago. And now the driver who's keeping his seat warm wants to go rallying, too, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX