Give someone a hammer and every problem looks like a nail; hand volunteers radar guns and expect to find a whole lot of speeders – too many in fact. The police in a village in England can't keep up with the paperwork from all of the scofflaws. Now, the cops are asking these folks to stop trying to enforce the speed limit.
Typically, we don't really enjoy seeing radar-gun-wielding traffic cops. They have a tendency to ruin our day. But, a new sort of radar gun may have us quickly singing their praises. The Virginian-Pilot reports that there's a new tool that will be able to tell officers if a driver is texting rather than paying attention to the road. Oh yes, we like this idea.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX