Few automakers can produce the kind of sports sedans that the Germans do. And for most of the country's automakers, those performance vehicles can be recognized by one letter (or a combination of a few): M for BMW, RS for Audi, AMG for Mercedes-Benz... and R for Volkswagen. The relatively new performance division at Wolfsburg has now gotten its hands on the Passat, and these are the results.
German automakers display something of a fetish when it comes to turning ordinary vehicles into performance models. Mercedes-Benz does it with its AMG line, BMW with its M range, Audi has its S and RS models... even Volkswagen has its R brand. Formidable vehicles all, but not everyone is willing to pony up the big bucks to get their hands on one and all that entails. So, each automaker also offers a line of accessories that give their stock models most of the visual attitude without the mechanic
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX