2011 Mercedes-Benz R-Class - Click above for high-res image gallery
Last week, we told you how despite the downturn, Daimler is upping its investment in the state of Michigan, coming to terms with the city of Ann Arbor to build a new hybrid and electric R&D facility. Now, Automotive News is reporting that the automaker is expected to actually expand its Vance, Alabama production plant.
BMW is rumored to be in the process of developing a pseudo-crossover built on the X5's underpinnings, but until now it was only gossip and conjecture. KGP Photography maintains that this mule is such a vehicle, judging by the steeply raked windscreen, higher beltline and camo-clad rear end.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX