*UPDATE: Nissan has released a video of the Leaf in Puerto Rico, so we've embedded it below.
Puerto Rico is incentivizing its citizens with its own version of rebates: reducing excise taxes on hybrids and all-electric vehicles. This is an island full of excise taxes on a lot of things, including cars, lottery winnings, cigarettes, liquor, hotel rooms and cement. The government in the U.S. territory wants to cut combustible fuel usage and is thus adding excise tax breaks for those purchasing a hybrid or EV. Previous excise tax refunds of up to $2,000 have been increased.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX