*UPDATE: Nissan has released a video of the Leaf in Puerto Rico, so we've embedded it below.
Puerto Rico is incentivizing its citizens with its own version of rebates: reducing excise taxes on hybrids and all-electric vehicles. This is an island full of excise taxes on a lot of things, including cars, lottery winnings, cigarettes, liquor, hotel rooms and cement. The government in the U.S. territory wants to cut combustible fuel usage and is thus adding excise tax breaks for those purchasing a hybrid or EV. Previous excise tax refunds of up to $2,000 have been increased.
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Tesla just installed Autopilot on all its cars
- How to drive an Acura NSX into a casino